Saturday, February 27, 2010

Together Again!!!


13 days out and the boys are still doing great! We're still working on eating but the other night both Nick and Jake ate their entire bottles! The goal is to get them eating all of their bottles withing 30 minutes. We're on our way! Yesterday they were all acting hungry either right after they ate (making us think they needed more) or much earlier then their next scheduled feeding. So, today I'll ask about moving them to a three hour schedule. I know the doctors there are wonderful and trust their decisions but I don't like seeing my babies hungry! It never hurts to ask!

Our nurse yesterday, Bridgett, is a mother of twins. She was asking me if I've held all three boys at the same time yet. I told her I had not and she was floored! She was determined to make that happened. She unhooked all of their monitors, brought me a big chair and filled my arms with three precious bundles of joy. It was the first time the three of them have been together since they were born and it was wonderful! They all seemed so content lying there together. It was 15 minutes I'll never forget. All that was missing was my Mr. Luke.....then it would have been perfect!

2 comments:

  1. Mama, u brought tears to my eyes. i love that u r sharing your story with the world. u r glowing with your babies in your arms....they have no idea yet how incredibly blessed they are. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've read this post a dozen times and I still cry every time. Can't wait to wrap my arms around all four of your boys, Ande!! So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete